LIVE & STUDY IN OXFORD
The Oxford Summer Programme is an opportunity for you to study and live in Oxford (surrounded by one of the most prestigious universities in the world), experience the legendary culture of England, make friends with classmates from Portsmouth Abbey and Saint Louis Priory schools (two English Benedictine schools in America), and immerse yourself in the rich literary and philosophic tradition of Oxford, studying the thought of legendary Oxford professor, JRR Tolkien.
Guest professors include:
• Live and study in St. Benet’s Hall, a Benedictine “Permanent Private Hall” of the University of Oxford
• Study with internationally renowned scholars and professors under the guidance of your teachers
• Explore the unique culture of England with excursions to London, the city of Oxford, and the English countryside
• Become a Junior Fellow of the Portsmouth Institute, a prestigious honor recognizing your academic capability, commitment to the pursuit of truth, and passion for culture.
TUITION & INCLUSIONS
$5,500* includes room and board (all meals except lunches), roundtrip flights to and from Heathrow, reading materials, admission to museums and landmarks, on-site group transportation, and classes with renowned scholars and professors. *Need-based scholarships are available.
A DAY IN THE PROGRAM
8.00-9.00 am: Breakfast as a community
9.30-12.00 pm: Seminars with Programme faculty and professors, with a tea break
12.00-1.30 pm: Lunch break
1.30-4.30 pm: Cultural excursion in Oxford, London, or the English countryside
4.30-5.30 pm: Free time
5.30-6.00 pm: Vespers as a community
6.30-8.00 pm: Dinner as a community
8.00-11.00 pm: Evening activity
- Complete the form below
- Write a short reflection on a book or author which has most influenced you. Explain why that book or author had such an effect on you. Reflections should be between 400 and 500 words.
Application deadline: January 5, 2018
Mr. Christopher Fisher: 401.643.1255 | cfisher at portsmouthabbey dot org
Saint Louis Priory:
Fr. Cuthbert Elliott: 314.434.3690 (ext. 364) | frcuthbert at priory dot org
The Portsmouth Institute, administrator of the Oxford Summer Programme, is an organisation which contracts with St Benet’s Hall for the use of facilities, but which has no formal connection with The University of Oxford.